Saturday, April 10, 2010

PHONE CALLS COMING OUT MY EARS!

As usual I'm writing this in a hurried fashion, hence grammar, spelling, etc might suffer.  Please don't hold that against me.  It is amazing how many phone calls I've been receiving from several of the candidates...some for town meetings, some conducting surveys, some from "big boy supporters" encouraging me to vote for "their" guy.  It's amazing!  But if I'm taking a poll Tim Bridgewater and Mike Lee are outdoing all of them with contacts.  This next week I'll go into more meetings by phone or in person with Eagar whom I'm really looking forward to hearing from...this will be the first time.  And another face to face with Mike Lee.  Plus I'm sure there will be more phone calls.  Based on the number of contacts from Lee and Bridgewater, they really want the opportunity for Bennett's seat.  I'm sure all of the candidates want it...not saying that, but actions speak louder than words and these two guys are pulling out all the stops.  I will write an update after each experience.  Oh yes, in a Senate candidate I'm looking for someone with knowledge, stamina, and relentlessness in fighting for appropriate health care solutions, fiscal responsibility to pay down the debt, an alternative to VAT, protecting our borders, an alternative to cap and trade, and getting back to the Constitution regarding state's rights.  Until next time...pay attention, get involved, make a difference...Bob

2 comments:

  1. At this point, Bob, ANY candidate with strong determination to serve, versus one who just wants the prestige, will do the bidding of his/her constituents. I would like to see on their agenda term limits for Representatives and Senator, say two terms for the House, one term for the Senate. I want the career politicians OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that, John, is exactly what the residents who voted me in said! Out with Bennett. Mike Lee believes in Term Limits as does Bridgewater. Eager believes that the voters determine term limits, and we can get around the good ol' boy network by limiting the time they spend on various committees, therefore limiting their power. Regardless, something must be done. This "re-elect me or our state will loose everything" attitude is basically holding us hostage for them to go back to D.C. Look at Byrd...what is he 92? Too long...way too long. The greatest thing for me is seeing the young folks running: Lee, Philpot, Walters...Bridgwater and Eager are 50 to 60...but the young people with bright minds, great education, young families, and moral prinicples...well, they are folks who other younger people can look up to. Anyway...thanks for commenting...sure appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete